Scope of the Scholarship:
The scope of the scholarship is to encourage and reward four graduating seniors who distinguish themselves through their writing. We hope that the scholarship will provide an incentive for students to find there voice and develop ways to express it.
$500 per student to be awarded upon graduation.
In order to qualify for consideration in the scholarship, students must do the following:
- Meet all graduation requirements for the 2013 academic year
- Be an active participant in the Freedom Academy High School blog featured on CreateanewslifewithSusanne.com
- Student must provide documentation that they have applied to a post high school educational institution such as: college, trade school, apprenticeship and/or internship.
- Submit a 1500 word essay by April 15, 2013 on one of the following topics:
- Take me to your favorite place, describe it and tell me why you love it.
- If you were mayor of New York for a day, what would you do? Why?
- If you were given $20 and a free day how would you spend it and what would you do?
- Describe an event in your life that changed you.
- Describe someone or something that you lost and wish you could get back.
- If you could spend the day with someone, who would it be? Why?
Students must submit a draft of their essay for review and editing to a Freedom Academy teacher of their choice.